With 24 hours left for President-elect Asivazu Bola Tinubu to hand over power from President Muhammadu Buhari, all eyes are on Abuja's Eagle Square, where the ceremony will take place. The iconic venue has hosted several high-profile events, including the President's Awards ceremony, national functions, and political rallies. Eagle Square has a rich history, having been commissioned by then-President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999 to serve as the ceremonial grounds for the national flag-raising ceremony. Since then, it has become a popular destination for both locals and tourists. As the country prepares for the presidential inauguration ceremony, Sunday Vanguard's findings indicate that security measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all attendees. Remember that Eagle Square has been the target of terrorist attacks in the past. During the tenure of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Eagle Square experienced a security breach on October 1, 2012, when a car bomb exploded outside the venue during the country's 52nd Independence Day celebration. Many people were killed and many others were injured in this attack. (From Obasanjo To Tinubu: Terror Attack, Car Bomb, Democracy Continues In Eagle Square) The incident highlighted the need for increased security measures at the site and the government subsequently took steps to prevent such an incident from happening again. Security measures included the deployment of additional security personnel, the use of bomb detectors, and the installation of CCTV cameras around the site. Despite the tragic events, Eagle Square remains a popular destination for high-profile events, including the Presidential Awards ceremony. The government continues to prioritize the safety of attendees at such events, and the measures taken have helped prevent security breaches at the venue. Security personnel will be deployed on-site and attendees will be subjected to a rigorous security check to ensure their safety. Talking about the security measures, the Secretary to the Federation Government (SGF), Mr Boss Mustafa said: "Proper arrangements have been made for the safety of all the people during the inauguration period." At the same time, National Security Advisor Babagana Monguno, chairman of the Security, Facilities, and Intelligence Committee of the Presidential Transitional Council, said that a covert and overt operation was launched to secure places and hotels for the guests' accommodation. (From Obasanjo To Tinubu: Terror Attack, Car Bomb, Democracy Continues In Eagle Square) Monguno said no attacks are expected during the events, and warned people who have no business at the event sites to stay away from them. "Our main task is to provide covert and direct security coverage for all the places where the indicated activities will take place, including the hotels where the guests will stay. Our work periods are before, during, and after the opening", he said. (From Obasanjo To Tinubu: Terror Attack, Car Bomb, Democracy Continues In Eagle Square) “My advice is that if you don't have a business on-site, you don't need to be there. The most important message that I want to convey to you is that we do not see anything negative. Everyone should remain calm, especially those who have come from other countries.