Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme: The scheme has been started by the Ministry of Power to overcome the growing power crisis.
Under this scheme, whoever wants to install a solar system on their roof for their home or business, will be provided subsidy by the government. Let us know the complete details of this scheme –
Under the Solar Rooftop Subsidy scheme, any eligible citizen of the country can get solar plates installed on the roof of his house.
For this, they do not have to pay any kind of fee. Under this scheme, there is also a provision to get a subsidy by the government on the total cost of installing a solar system by the applicant.
After installing solar panels for free, they will get free electricity under this scheme. Although the operation of this scheme will be done in the whole country, priority has been given to rural areas in the scheme.
There is no special qualification to install solar panels. But under this scheme, the needy people who have to face the problems related to electricity can take advantage of this scheme.
The subsidy will be given by the central government for installing 1 kW solar panels. One advantage of installing solar panels is that due to this, the cost of electricity will also be reduced.
Under the scheme, whoever installs a solar rooftop on the roof of his house and factory, then it has many benefits which are as follows –
- Under this scheme, whoever gets the solar panels installed, one of the biggest benefits is that the government will also give a subsidy under this scheme so that the cost of this solar panel is not spent on them.
- Apart from this, there will be relief in electricity bills for the beneficiaries.
- Apart from this, environment-friendly electricity will be produced.
- Electricity will be generated free of cost and can be supplied at home or factory at any time.
- This solar panel can be used for 25 years.
- Whatever is paid for this scheme will be completed in the next 5 to 6 years.
- To install solar panels under this scheme, 10 square feet of space is required for setting up a 1 KW solar plant.
- Apart from this, by generating electricity with the help of solar panels, there is a reduction of 30 to 40 percent in the generation of grid electricity and due to this the electricity bill also comes down.
- Under this scheme, a subsidy is also given by the government.
If anyone wants to take advantage of this scheme, then such subsidy is given to him by the government
- If a solar plant of up to 3 kilowatts is installed, then a subsidy of up to 40 percent will be given for setting up that solar plant.
- If a solar plant is installed from 3 kW to 10 kW, then it will be given a subsidy of up to 10 percent by the government.
How to apply
To apply under Solar Rooftop Scheme, you can follow this process –
- Step one – For this first one has to come to the website of this scheme.
- Step two – After coming to this page, you get the option of the name of DISCOM and in it, another option is found in the name of Discom Portal, after clicking on it reaches a new page.
After visiting this page, links to all discoms are found here. After coming to their respective discom from among them, you can apply online from there.